Tuesday 26 March 2013

Superdrug Naturally Radiant range

A few weeks ago I noticed items from the Superdrug Naturally Radiant range on offer and decided to buy a few. As I mentioned in my last post I get extremely dry skin and lately it has been playing up more than usual. I decided to give these a go while I tried to find a good moisturiser for my face (Liz Earle goodies are now on their way to me!) and was pleasantly surprised by the result. My skin was feeling extremely uncomfortable and dried out that I was moisturising at least three times a day (not practical at all).

So after using these products consistently at least twice a day I thought I'd give you my verdict on them! This is what they look like on the shelf:


I bought the Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser, Brightening Radiance Balm, Brightening Eye Cream and the Brightening Renewal Face Mask. I haven't actually tried the cleanser yet so I don't think it would be fair to write a review on that item however I will tell you I am excited to try it soon as it comes with a muslin cloth and seems like a low budget dupe for the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. This is what the Hot Cloth Cleanser looks like:


 
The cleanser is usually £5.99 but is on offer for £2.99 in Superdrug stores and also on their website linked here.

My favourite product out of this range is the Brightening Radiance Balm:



I found that this balm is not too heavy on my face so you could probably wear this underneath your make up. It sinks straight in to your skin and it left my face feeling soft for hours, which is something I don't get very often after moisturising. I'm currently waiting for my Liz Earle products in the post but if that moisturiser doesn't live up to my expectations then I think this balm is going to become my staple cream as it really has made so much of a difference to how my skin feels. It claims to instantly make skin look radiant and feels moisturised, after one week skin should feel softer, smoother, more refreshed and energised, after four weeks skin tone appears refined and evened out. I can honestly say the softer, smoother part of their claims are definitely true from my experience and I have also noticed that my cheeks are not as red as they usually are so my skin tone seems to have evened slightly, however I can't say I've noticed my skin appearing brighter or radiant. That being said it's definitely a product I now love and will be buying again. This is also on offer for £2.99 instead of £5.99 and again is available from Superdrug stores or this link here.

Next up is the Brightening Eye Cream:




Again, this cream is not too heavy or overly fragranced either which is good seen as your eyes can be sensitive area. I like the smaller nozzle on the tube, allowing you to get just enough cream out and not wasting any of the product. After one week this product claims to make skin around the eye area feel softer and smoother and also more refreshed and energised. After four weeks the appearance of dark circles and puffiness is supposed to be minimised. I can say that the skin does feel softer and smoother around my eye, but no change to my dark circles as of yet but I am hoping to notice a difference soon! This is also on offer for £2.99 instead of £5.99 in Superdrug stores or on the website linked here.

The final product I bought was the Brightening Renewal Face Mask:




I've only used this once since I bought it and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I will be trying it out again to see if I like it any better second time round. It's quite a thick clear gel that you put on your face and wash off with a warm/hot flannel after 10 minutes. The 10 minutes itself was fine and it actually felt quite nice on my face but once it was off my skin felt even more dry than usual so I had to smother it in the balm and eye cream mentioned earlier. This probably only affects me because my skin is super dry but I didn't notice much change in my face and I don't personally think it is worth being uncomfortable for. That being said it could be perfect for someone else with less dry skin than me :). This is currently on offer for £2.49 instead of £4.99 in Superdrug stores and on their website linked here.

So, overall I love the balm and the eye cream and honestly may have gone a little insane the past 2 weeks if I hadn't had them around to ease my skin! I'm hoping the Liz Earle products live up to their reputation or I'll be continuing to use these two products instead! The face mask is not really my cup of tea as it dried my face out more than other I've had experience with, but I do recommend giving this range a little look as I have been really pleasantly surprised by this!

Has anyone else tried this brand? Thoughts?

Amanda :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment